Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Isabelle:
She is doing great so far in her last year of junior high.  She's playing on the volleyball team for the first time and she's doing great!  It seems our daughter got all the athletic ability I missed out on as a youth.  She's just natural at anything she pursues and it's making her all the more excited about playing all the sports offered.  The school is playing softball as soon as the volleyball season is over, but I don't think we're going to let her play.  The coaching, to put it mildly, is horrendous.  I don't want her to unlearn all the wonderful techniques she worked so hard on during the regular season.  Nevertheless, she'll have to sit that one out.  All for the better.  I don't want her working so much on sports and losing focus on what's really important, which is maintaining her straight A's.
For the first time the other day, I saw me looking back at me.  She was walking towards me with a pair of my sunglasses on and for a very quick split second, I saw me!  Nuts.  Truly nuts.  I'm constantly being told how much she looks like me and I've refused to see it, until it was literally staring me in the face!  She's just plain growing up too fast.

Alex:
He's growing equally as fast.  He's trying harder and harder to make words and it's adorable.  He's resurrected his ability to blow raspberries and that never loses it's humor with me.  Even when he's got drool dripping down his chin and soaking everything he touches.
He's also forming more signs.  So far he's signing:  all done, more, please, drink, thank you (sometimes), shoes (when prompted), wash hands, and we're currently working on teaching him 'potty' in hopes of him actually needing to sign it!
I picked up his own potty today.  I'm a little nervous as to how to approach this whole thing, seeing as how he's a boy and I've never potty trained a boy.  Either way, the time has come to start at least introducing him to the concept.  He sure had fun playing with it last night though!

All in all life is pretty good and full of interesting developments!  The kids continue to be the apple of my eye and I can't get enough of them!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment