Little babbles are what good stuff is made of. He can’t say anything in any real language yet, but he talks all day long about the ideas he has in head. Every parent will talk about the joy of rediscovering the world through the eyes of their children. Whether the parent of one or twelve children, the amazement never loses its luster.
He cracks me up all day long as he realizes new potential in the toys he’s been playing with every day. Right now, as I write, he’s playing with a toy that blows air through a tube where little plastic balls shoot out. Instead of putting the balls in the tube, he’s standing over the opening and laughing at the air blowing across his face. Even though the force of the air is causing him to catch his breath, he insists on remaining in the gust. Laughing all the while.
I look at my little person every day and wonder who he is going to become. His personality is constantly shaping. The things he finds interest in change almost minute to minute. His curiosity is endless. One second he’s cuddling his stuffed elephant and sucking his middle and index fingers. The next second he’s walking with a purpose towards his toy box simply to empty its contents. I have to snicker as he pauses with each toy, contemplating whether or not that is the toy in which he’s seeking. Alas, he gets to the bottom and decides to play with his Mega Blocks already strewn all over the living room floor.
Every mom thinks their child is the cutest baby in the world. I’m no exception. But, let me say this: my baby boy is the cutest baby in the world. I can’t get comfortable with the idea of cutting his hair. Its beginning to look slightly girlish. However, I can’t picture him without those darling curls flipping up like a duck’s tail at the nape of his neck. I’ve trimmed his bangs recently only to avoid visual conflicts. He’s short and seemingly squatty. Weighing only about 23 pounds and only about 30 inches tall, he’s not chubby. His toes are the most perfect toes to play Piggy with. They’re all the same size and plump. Simply the kind of toes you just want to nibble on.
He’s got eyes that are so precious is physically hurts me. Bright blue like a mid-morning sky. As if to frame a masterpiece, his eyelashes are long and medium blond. Slightly darker blond than his hair. They’re huge and quite frankly, adorable. One look at those little peepers and you instantly feel the innocence.
It’s funny to me how often I hear, “He looks so much like Josh.” These days I here how much Isabelle looks a lot like me. I look at her and still see so much Josh, I question the presence of my DNA. Alex looks like a lot like I did as a baby. I don’t hesitate to show the proof when I’m told he looks like Josh. For effect:
Needless to say, he looks like me.
The sick sea of joy I’m currently floating in, is amazing. I am having so much fun having two children drastically different. Just as I’m moving into the terrible teens, I’m moving ever closer towards the terrible twos! I am going to have my kids testing the very core of my patience on a daily basis.
As long as I keep these rose colored focused and comfortably placed, I’m going to be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment