2011
Alex isn’t walking yet, and I really expected him to be by now. The cool thing is he’s keeping me on my toes! He’s climbing like a spelunker though! He doesn’t waste any time getting as far up on top os something as he can. I try really hard to not laugh at him, but he makes it so difficult because he’s hilarious. The new thing he’s trying to do is spit (raspberries) while eating. That’s is extremely hard to not laugh. Keeping Josh from laughing is like asking him not to breathe. I can’t help it either. But he’s so funny.
Isabelle turns in her science fair project tomorrow. I have to admit, I’m pretty proud of her this go around. Last year’s project, was in a word: awful. It was insane trying to work with her. This year, she’s shown a phenomenal amount of independence. Sometimes I had to coax her to make some choices on her own, but ultimately I let her make the final choices on the layout. Last night she put some of the finishing touches on her board and she’s very pleased with her results.
Every year I avoid making any resolutions at the new year. One thing I can only hope for things going smoothly and somewhat close to plan. Plans are typically a sure fire way to hear God laugh. This year I’m hoping we can get to a place we hate our house less. So far, we’ve made some significant advances towards that ideal. It’s going to be a slow process, but some progress is better than none.
I’m still a stay-at-home mommy and for a brief moment I thought that would change, but I’m sort of glad it didn’t. I got a little bit excited about the possibility of going back to work. However, taking a step back I think I’m being given a gift. It’s one of those things where you make plans and they aren’t what you’re supposed to plan. Dodging a bullet? We’ll see.
I’m anxious to see where this year is going to take us. Right now I’m looking forward to two specific events on the docket. April I’m taking Alex to Tampa, FL to visit my best friend and introduce Alex to what I’m hoping will be his future wife! It’s funny, but sort of true. My best friend’s daughter is 9 months older than Alex and we’re just simply infatuated with the idea of them marrying each other and tying us as best friends to family...legitimately.
Then July my brothers and sister are planning on coming to stay with us for the month! I’m beyond excited to see them in my house. We have big plans to execute and I’m super happy they’re coming! So, 2011 has some plans...wonder what’s coming that isn’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment