Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 13, 2010

I have thought about doing a "family" blog for a while now, but for whatever reason haven't actually taken the time to put it together. Well, no longer. Here's what our family has been up to for those who are interested!

ISABELLE
The little lady she's growing up to be astounds me every day. She's a little mini-mommy and helps me with Alex all the time. Her selfless attitude towards her little brother is consistent with the personality she's had ever since her personality started developing. In addition to being a great big sister, she's proving to be an exemplary student!
Two years in a row she's stayed focused on understanding the importance of good grades. The interest in science started towards the end of last school year. She entered into the science club and competed in her school with her project. Ultimately she won first place in her grade and was selected to take her project to compete on the state level! She placed 4th out of her grade level competing against all the charter schools (Imagine Charter) in the state. I was tremendously proud of her!
We are about to enter into the new season of science projects and she's so excited she's working ahead of schedule planning what she's going to do. It helps out a lot that she adores her science teacher. I can certainly relate to the spark of showing off when you respect your teacher. At first it was a little weird, but she's maintained an A all year in nearly all of her classes. If that's what happens for her, I'll support it!
She's playing soccer and the season is nearly over. She's really had a lot of fun playing and tries her best to succeed. She's had a little pressure to be good at it because her dad played his entire youth. The impressing of a dad is a curious thing. Regardless, she's done great and is sort of sad the season is almost over. Next sport for her, softball. She can't wait!

ALEX
Saying out loud that Alex is now 7 months and a half months old is followed immediately by a little throw up. It makes me sick he's growing this fast and that time is moving equally as fast. He's got two little teeth on the bottom and he's using them now when he eats. It's hilarious to watch him try to chew. He's crawling all over the place and I'm starting to lose weight keeping up with him. Honestly, I've been really looking forward to this part...the losing of weight!
Almost as soon as he started crawling, he developed the curiosity and tenacity to try to climb on things. He's borderline scaling things. He's already stood up in his crib and he tries to do it again every single day. Despite my best efforts to keep him tiny and helpless, he's winning his side of the battle.
He has some of the cutest sounds in the world and I love hearing them. He's a screamer, which is not cute. In phases he just randomly takes deep breaths, points his toes, and screams as long and as loud as he can. He finds the sound of his voice simply wonderful. I wonder where he gets that from?
He watches Baby Signing Time and the first sign he's shown is the one for milk. It's subtle, but you can see him do it. The first time he did it I nearly cried. I am so excited for him to communicate with me via sign language. It's pretty super. I sign to him and so does Isabelle and Josh. We are all competing with each other for him to sign back and talk to us!

JOSH
He's doing so well with his job and it makes me so proud of him. He's earned a lot of respect from both his peers and superiors. His side jobs are pretty cool and they bring him a lot of satisfaction. Just recently he's started teaching introductory firearm safety classes to new customers at the gun shop where he moonlights here in town. His "calling" is instruction. He is happiest with a classroom of students learning what he has to offer. It's pretty cool to see him shine when he talks about it.
He works a lot and doesn't have a lot he does outside of his jobs. With hunting season in full gear, he's going out as often as possible. Time is a luxury for him, so he's often cutting his sleep short for some extra-curricular activities. He loves taking his bird dog out and showing her skills off to his buddies. Today he went out and got a bunch of ducks and he's pretty happy about it! Who knew I'd marry a hunter? I certainly didn't!

EMMA
Being a stay-at-home mommy is bringing me a level of satisfaction I really didn't anticipate. The simplicity of my day is borderline obnoxious. But I'm not complaining... at all. I have been working slowly towards getting another band together. The process is worth it considering the caliber of musicians I'm getting the chance to work with. I'm guessing a few more rehearsals and we'll be ready to start booking gigs. The way rehearsals make me feel is really hard to put into words. I can't wait to get out there and let folks hear us!
Going back to work is something that crosses my mind, but not frequently. I'm not interested in going to work full time, but I entertain the idea of being back on the radio every once in a while. I miss doing that job and being involved in the community as much as I was. We'll see what happens.

The holidays are coming up very soon and I can't believe we're going to have our first Christmas with Alex. It is going to be so much fun getting ready for Christmas with a new baby! I wish I were able to be closer to family on my side, but the internet will have to suffice for now!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear everybody is doing so well! I miss you guys! It was good to see your dad and some of the siblings yesterday. :-) Do you have the link to my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pants: ok! :)
    The Walleys: I do have the link to your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete